Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Crops

So, when in rome. Anyway, I heard a joke. Ready? I'll localise the first part for most of my readers.

If you are driving your car in Joburg and fall asleep at the wheel, your car leaves the road and crashes into a tree.
If you are driving your car in Saskatchewan and fall asleep at the wheel, you eventually wake up when you run out of petrol.


Its flat. (That's for you Gran. Oupa, you might STILL have to explain it to her ;-) ).


There are also lots of different crops. Therefore, I'm running a competition. First correct identification of each gets you a snail-mail of something or other (if you live in Saskatchewan you CANT enter! You probably grow this stuff yourself). I have yet to decide what "something" will be. I'm sure it will be awesome. And probably made of solid gold (-en syrup). On with the show.


That is all.

5 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are my guesses:

1. Canary seed!
2. Canola
3. Oats
4. Wheat
5. Peas (or maybe Soya?)
6. Sunflower

I couldn't really work out what the difference between 2 and 4 were - or the difference between pictures of wheat and canola that I found with google, but hopefully I'll have one or two right.

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm... that was me - it blogger just nuked the name I entered for some reason...

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Jodi @ blog-o-licious said...

I LIVE in SK and I can't figure out a couple of those...

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Geoff said...

Here are my guesses:

1. Wheat
2. Wheat on Atkins
3. All weather wheat
4. Sexy wheat
5. Horny wheat
6. Gay wheat

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reckon this is a trick question.

The real answer is eleven.

And when the aliens have made a nice pattern in the cornfield, send me a picture! Especiallty if Scully is there in the nick...

On that note, good luck with the move and keep smiling!

Matt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home