Friday, July 28, 2006

It's learning time

Well, we have our learners licences. We are running a little late on this one, since we should have done our full drivers exam months ago, but hey. It's done now. It was hard. Look at this question from the practice test you can do online:
Okay, so seriously, it wasn't hard. In fact, since I sit infront of this screen for more than half my life, my eye test was harder. Also, I think the testing lady considered failing me when I made a joke about driving past school buses or something. Sheesh. Lighten up lady.

In the spirit of learning, lets look at what wheat looks like in various stages of growth.
I was driving past another huge field, and noticed it had changed colour slightly, so I stopped to check it out. I didn't even really know what was in that field (which I drive past every day - we are TERRIBLE at investigating out surroundings, aren't we) but now I do. On the field on the other side of the road I got the younger stalks. I think that farmer is shitting himself because today its only 14 degrees, and the sun is going down a full hour earlier than it was three weeks ago.
I also stopped at a field full of this. It's ..... I have no idea. I'm going to say Barley. Why? Because I don't feel like looking it up right now. If you know, let's all share. Sharing is caring, and learning is fun.

What's this?

It's called a donut peach. I think they bred this specially to try get their stupid fat kids to eat fruit. "Yeah, tommy, it's just like donuts". I saw a family of 4 eat a dozen donuts for breakfast when I was at Tim Hortons the other day. No comment.


These curious folks also like the birds. Well, I think they do. Maybe they like keeping their dolls outside and the birds just bully barbie and ken out of their houses.

This is just a couple. They are ALL OVER THE PLACE. I promise to keep taking pictures of them and adding them as and when I do.



That is all.

4 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It looks like a form of bentgrass. But I'm no expert.

 
At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, it looks so familiar but I can't remember what it actually is. Please, somebody, enlighten us. It's pretty...

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Yeroc said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Yeroc said...

Your mystery grain is an oat plant.

Interesting posts by the way, I grew up on a farm in southern Saskatchewan (but now live in Calgary) so it's interesting to get a different perspective on things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home