Saturday, July 01, 2006

Whats new

So, we've moved back to the little attic. We spent two weeks in the mansion of Dr Prinsloo in what we've decided must be named "ParkLands", even though Yorkton isn't REALLY big enough to have suburbs. We haven't actually taken any photos of the place, although we will. Its something quite special. It's like cookie-cutter-ville. All the houses are made of cardboard and vinyl and there are more plastic animals in the gardens than should be legal. There is actually even a potplant outside one house with a plastic baby in it. Don't ask me why.

The house was (well, still is) enourmous. 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, office, dining, laundry, lounge, and thats just the top two floor. The basement alone is twice the size of our JHB flat all on its own. For the sake of cleanliness we actually closed most of the house off and didn't go into it. Apparently it has a lot to do with winter when its too cold to go outside, so people spend all their time inside. And I mean ALL. Everyone has a games/tv/fun room with some kind of pooltable/dartboard/tv games/bowling alley type thing. Okay, that last one is a lie. They bowl at the "glow bowling" place. I've been over this. Worth a read if you havent.

I have a mentor. His name is Charles Alleneck, and its thats a good sign. A combination of my dad's, uncle's and brother in-law's names can only be good. No, my dad's name isn't "neck". Fools. He works for ILM (if you don't know what that is, you won't care anyway - so I'm not telling) which is beyond crazy cool. Oh my word. I just got nervous tingles in my tummy. I can't type anymroe...

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ILM! That is so cool!

 
At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ILM? I don't know and I really wanna... Please tell me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home