Monday, May 15, 2006

The Rest of Winnipeg

So, when I left "Espresso Junction" and had taken Claire her between exams lunch, I decided to stroll around the city centre. Its nice enough, with a few historical buildings dotted around, and the "golden boy" on top of the legislative buildings, but not super exciting. Our dinner in the french quarter that evening would prove to be much more culturally interesting. After searching around a bit and buying my first puck, I found the winnipeg art museum. I didn't have much time to look around, but it turns out I didn't really need much. Some great stuff including some up and coming artists, and a whole lot of "first nation" art - mostly sculpture.

The next day was "Andrew keeps himself busy day" and so I went to the zoo. It was, as zoos tend to be, a little shabby and the animals didn't look to excited, but I did see some things you just have to see, and learned a little thing or two.




I also took a rather fun test drive, in this puppy:
And popped in here to see if Tom was in.

He wasn't. Oh - and it says "Free personality TEST". If they were offering free personalities, Tom would probably have one.

The drive home was long, but uneventful. We've now seen about enough of the flat-lands. Time for some lakes and oceans and stuff I think.

That is all.

4 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that grizzly reminds me of nick:)

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Geoff said...

Tom doesn't have personality? Tom has too much personality. Whoooooo! *jumps on couch* whoooooo!

Did you have the personality test? What's your Thetan count? Are you on antiretroThetans?

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you sleep in the puppy? Looks like a good touring vehicle - a fuel guzzler maybe?

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

the puppy comment mine. Wendy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home