Friday, April 28, 2006

Yippee!

Well, it's done. Mark and Lindie are married. Well, at least we think they are. At this point, we just know that it was supposed to be today, and we were supposed to watch it from afar using the miracle of the internet and webcam. It seems that it wasn't all that miraculous, and we have seen neither hide nor tail of the newlyweds. If good things happen to good people, however, they had the best day of their lives and there were tears and laughs and dancing and white and cake and drink and some old lady who noone really knows, singing "For they are jolly good fellows".

Why is there always one of those. I think I will start up a new wedding/party service. It will quickly silence said old folks without causing too much gefuffle. I will need "ninja" somewhere in the name. Not that I have anything against old people. They are great and wise (until they lose their minds) and I respect all they have done, like inventing cars and central heating and beer. I wonder though, how the wisdom doesn't include knowing that NOONE likes singing that song. Especially when we are forced to sing it 3 or 4 times. Perhaps it's their own private joke. They know noone will say anything and everyone will join in. They are all probably giggling into their gin and tonics at us silly young fools. As Edmund Blackadder says:"I want to be young and wild. I want to be middle-aged and rich, and I want to be old and annoy people by pretending to be deaf."

So. I hope "all that" is all that it's cracked up to be. I wish a dishwasher upon the two of you soonest. If not immediately. You deserve every happiness.

That is all.

1 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's today- the 29th. But I hope that all your predictions come true and it is as wonderful as you describe! I am sitting here on my wedding day waiting for the rest of the family to bath and shower so I can have a turn, and then we are off to the hairdresser. Marc is experiencing some technical difficulties- no 3G in the area in which our chapel is situated. So a live broadcast is not possible, but we will post a video clip or something for you. And positively bombard you with photos... OK, I think my turn to cleanse has arrived. I am going to prepare for my wedding now. It sucks that you aren't here. Love you and miss you. Lindie soon to be Serrurier

 

Post a Comment

<< Home