Sunday, February 11, 2007

Loads

Well, its been a busy week. Some of us are older. Some of us are bruised-er. Both of us are better than ever. So, lets have a bit of a look.

So, Claire turned a touch older on Monday. We decided Moose Jaw simply didn't have enough to offer as far as birthday fare, so I booked a table at Zest. Rumour has it that the chef used to be Armani's personal chef, but in a place like this, you never know. He might have once cooked at a restaurant that Armani's second cousin once ate at. Whether it's true or not, he knows how to make food hot. Sometimes I wonder about the actual skill involved in the cooking of certain foods. Often it's the skill (or daring) of coming up with interesting (and bizarre) combinations that's impressive, and not the fact that it was stuffed into a roasted chicken, that's impressive. Anyway, Claire looked great, and it even snowed on us for her birthday.

But that was ages ago. More recently (Saturday, in fact), I played in another badminton tournament. Now, since our club is quite small (believe it or not!) we tend to have to mix and match partners when it comes to tournaments. Sometimes one person isn't available, sometimes another. So I got left with Bill. Well, more like he got left with me. I get the sense he doesn't like me much, but I don't know why that is. I know a million reasons he could not like me, I just can't work out what it is that makes me think he doesn't like me. Be that as it may, we were playing together. And OH MY WORD, we played like champions. Seriously. We took the top seeds to three LONG sets (out of three), and in the final set had to go beyond the regular 21 points (because you have to win by two). We did have the fact the first seeds included and arrogant %$@& who probably didn't think twice when he saw who he was playing, but we made him work for it.

I also gave it my all:


This is me about the do some killin'.

Again, looking DEADLY. Although, this isn't the arrogant guy, but a rather pleasant chap from Wynyard.
And for all of you who think badminton is for nerds and children, well, you are mostly right. That and kung fu (except the children part). BUT, I will have you know that the record for fastest racket-struck projectile is in fact a shuttle cock. And it was struck but a woman. At over 300km/h. Well, okay, it's now held by a man, but that it kinda kills the next picture I took, so pretend you didn't know.

We also had more optical coolness. The sun is below the horizon. That flare was CLEARLY visible. Awesome.
And finally, just so that everyone keeps a fresh image of us in their heads, here is us. At Bobby's Place. Looking HOT!


That is all.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So.. Kung-fu is for nerds eh?..

Interesting. I'll pass that on to your old Kung-fu instructor. oh wait, that would be me...

Nice shaved legs by the way...

Paul B

 
At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I don't comment often, so just short note to say that I enjoyed reading the badminton and birthday blogs.
I read your blog regularly, just too busy most days to add comments to indicate life.
Anyway, keep up the good blogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home