Sunday, March 05, 2006

canadian coffee

There is no such thing
They have : luke warm, brown water
milky, milky, far too sweet trying to be cappuccino
english toffee, french vannila, mocha flavoured shit
almost black, tastes like wet sand stuff
but no coffee. None.
NO such thing as esspresso here, and ask for a cappuccino - well no one knows what that is.
The search continues. So far the best I can find is in the nurse's station in the maternity wing of the hospital.

Snowboarding. Well luckily I already knew that I don't like to do things that I am not immediately good at. This was one of them. Andrew on the other hand - a natural. I spend the entire day on the "bunny run" with 5 year olds, falling on my bum, my head, my knees, swearing at my shoes or blocking the slope for everyone else while I gave up for a moment. My family will agree that if it wasn't for Andrew telling me to get up and do it again, I probably would have lasted maybe 20 min. So I kept trying. And trying. And trying. Anyway I ended up having fun and actually being able to go all the way down without falling. Still don't know if its for me. Hope I'm better at skiing:)

3 Comments:

At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah would've loved to have seen u attempting ur first snowboard cla! Should've practised more on the knysna lagoon hey, next time i'm dragging u with us. Andrew this website is so cool! and been telling everyone bout our skype convo...buying me a set of earphones for R45 (bargain!)..so soon i'll be up and running

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Geoff said...

What, no Tim Hortons where you are? Toronto has some fine java.

 
At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helloooo you lot.

I agree with you on the coffee, but as Geoff mentioned Tim Hortons isn't too bad and you can buy packets of their filter coffee..

Also Starbucks is fairly prolific in the Great White North.

By the way, do yourselfs a HUGE favour and try some Presidents Choice Chocolate Chip Cookies... Them's gooooood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home