Thursday, March 02, 2006

from Claire, sorry its been so long

Hi guys, its me, from a cold, cold Canada. Just a quicky today, very late here, need to get to bed. People here are fat man! Fat, fat, fat. Easy to understand why. Cheap fast food is everywhere, and how do you excercise in this weather? We tried to go for a jog the other day and nearly wind chilled our faces off. They have an indoor running track, nothing special and they charge R600 a month to go there.
We are staying in a really lovely house at the moment, well heated and cozy, with the biggest TV I've ever watched. Drove myself into a snow bank yesterday - these roads are slippery. Work fine, much the same as at home, only patients all speak english and I have to say RAAAWsin for them to understand. Also I work on a computer so things are slower, cause I can't really type.
So for now things are not bad. Not yet great, we're living out of suitcases, drive into snow banks, haven't got a friend and people keep taking our money. But I suppose I have faith that things will work out in the end. They always do. I want a gym. I want Sandton. I want my friends.

2 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pooey, I miss you guys. We are all moved into our new house (OK, a lot of boxes remain unpacked) and would SO love you to come over for dinner and some DIY tips. Loving your news, thanks. We'll get our blog updated and send you the link- and we'll try and finalise the whole webcam wedding thing. Lots of love and warm hugs...

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh. Let you guys out for one minute and see what happens!
At least you can look at it this way: all the crap stuff has happened, so it can only get better right?

Just think of all the great stories you'll have to tell when you eventually make your way back over here, all pasty white and saying "aboot" instead of "about"!

And please, don't cause a Panic, Claire, when you're out touring and you shout: "Watch the glacier, Melt!"

Ok. That was really bad, but I'll bet it made ya smile, or at least groan...

Keep yourselves cosy and let me know if you need anything from darkest Africa.

Matt.

PS: If anyone gives you any trouble, just say "Jou ma se poes!".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home